Builder: McConnell Dowell
- Form reinforce and pour 14 pile caps including setting of stress bars
- Form reinforce and pour abutments to support U-trough beams
- Installation of 180 precast L-walls for the approach to the bridge
- Installation of 450m of capping beams and handrails on the precast L-walls
- Form reinforce an pour 405m of U-trough stitch pour up to 5m in the air
Although a challenging design within the rail corridor, our team excelled and thrived on the challenge. With innovation at the forefront, Speedpro designed and manufactured a job specific jig attachment for our slewing Manitou telehandler to lift the stitch formwork into position. And as the first span to be stitched was over Abbotts road under a weekend shutdown, timing and workmanship had to be perfect.. which it was.
Speedpro’s first time working with McConnell Dowell was an absolute pleasure as the two teams worked seamlessly as one on this project.